Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Pendley Heritage

This information comes from various sources.  Part of the research was done by Dawn Stockbridge, my cousin June's daughter-in-law.   I'm continuing to work on documenting the information.
1st Generation - ME - Lynda Pendley Bennett
b. 4 OCT 1957 Flagstaff, AZ

2nd Generation - Don Pendlety
b. 26 APR 1928 Oak Creek, AZ

3rd Generation - Frank Leslie Pendley
b. 12 MAR 1877 Austin, TX

4th Generation - Thomas Tillman Pendley
b. 1848 GA

5th Generation - Jesse William Pendley
b. 1816 NC

6th Generation - John Flemming Pendley
b. 1795 NC

7th Generation - John Pendley
b. 1765 NC

8th Generation - Jonathan Pendley
b. 9 SEP 1746 Wake, NC

9th Generation - Elijah Pendley
b. abt 1710 VA

10th Generation - Joshua Pendley
b. abt 1685 VA
11th Generation - James Pendley
b. 10 SEP 1660 Baltamore, MD


12th Generation - William Pendley
b. abt 1621 Cornwall, England


13th Generation - James Pendley
b. abt 1580 Cornwall, England

4 comments:

  1. I am trying to find out about GLENN ROYAL SMITH (1925-1981) who apparently lived at "Slide Rock" according to the Flagstaff 1980 phone book. He was ex-Navy or Air Force, perhaps trained as a "Radioman", and spent time in England. He also owned a 1961 Jaguar Mk2 sedan that must have been in excellent condition in 1980. Any possible connection or information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If connection, please email eric@krissmotors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my mother's maiden name was pendley and I am descended from William (b. 1854), brother of Thomas Tillman Pendley, which makes your grandpa a cousin of my grandpa's grandpa Willis. Apparently 5 of William's siblings moved to Texas, including Thomas. I have found a report of a murder of one John Pendley in Austin in 1875, and I was wondering if you know who that was, if he was related.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with that story at all but would love to compare notes and learn about your branch of the family. Drop me a line at Boisekiwi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete