Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Who were the Pendleys?


My grandfather, Frank Leslie Pendley (1877-1954) died several years before I was born.  The only things I know about the man have been gleaned by listening to family stories and pouring over the few photos and documents that remain from his life.

In an effort to break through some of the "Brick Walls" in my search for family information, I recently took a DNA test from Ancestry.com.   The results of that test have led to some interesting connections. 

Today I received this photo in an email from someone in one of my "DNA Circles" :



I'm a long way away from conclusively proving that this group of people is directly related to MY group of Pendley ancestors.  But I am excited to have made a connection with someone who may share a common ancestor and would be willing to collaborate.  Stay tuned for more info as it comes...


No comments:

Post a Comment