Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Our family circle just got smaller

              (Denny with his siblings,  Maureen Young Strasser and Terry Young)





Our family has lost way too many loved ones to cancer.  On April 10, 2023 another one of our clan lost his life to the big C.  My dear cousin, Denny Young (Dennis Randall Young who was the son of Don Young and Eva Pendley Young) died from Glioblastoma, the same brain cancer that took the life of our uncle, Frank Pendley, in 1982.

Because I grew up in Arizona and Denny was one of the "Seattle cousins",  I did not know him well when I was growing up.  Still, over the years there were opportunities to meet and visit with his family.  I was always impressed by his authenticity, his kindness, and great sense of humor.

Denny Young was a remarkable man who will not be forgotten.  I am ever grateful to his son, Ryan, for putting together the very touching tribute / eulogy on You-Tube which I have included above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment